- Website: https://www.appbrain.com/info/help/sdk/index.html
- Comment: The AppBrain SDK is present in over 50,000 apps and is downloaded onto millions of phones every day. 2 main services: Promotion: pay-per-install based app promotion to drive installs of your Android app. Monetization: earn money with your app using the interstitials and banners of the AppBrain SDK.
- Category: [Analytics, Advertising]
- Code signature:
- Network signature:
- Maven repository:
- Artifact ID:
- Group ID:
- Additional links: https://github.com/swisscodemonkeys/appbrain-sdk http://www.appbrain.com/
- Notes: Launched in 2009 by two former Googlers. Suisse (Zurich)
AppBrain is saying to dev that integrate the SDK: It is your sole responsibility to communicate the privacy implications of your use of the AppBrain SDK to your users. http://www.appbrain.com/info/help/sdk/policy.html
The potentially privacy sensitive data that’s collected includes the phone model information, phone identifier (Google Advertiser ID), IP address of the phone, country and carrier of the connected mobile network and of the SIM card, and the AppBrain AppMetric™, a token that conveys information about which categories of apps a user is interested in in a privacy-conserving way. Demographic data (gender, age) is only collected when the developer receives this information and forwards it to the AppBrain SDK. When the app has permission to acquire geographic location, this is collected and deleted at most seven days after collection. IP address and phone identifier for COPPA-enabled apps are also deleted at most 7 days after collection.